The TLSS team has distinguished itself at the national and international levels for its innovative initiatives in university teaching and teaching space design.
Awards obtained by the TLSS
Courses and resources development awards
- 2003 Office for Partnership for Advanced Skills (OPAS), Honourable Mention for Excellence in Teaching with Technology.
- 2004 Canadian Association of Distance Education (CADE) Award for Excellence and Innovation in Instructional Design.
- 2004 Canadian Association of Distance Education (CADE) Award, Excellence and Innovation in Partnership/Collaboration Award for “L’art de superviser des stagiaires”.
- 2005 OPAS Awards for Excellence in Teaching with Technology- University Program / Course.
- 2005 1st place – NSG 4509, Nursing Care for the At-Risk Newborn (PPPESO / CNFS), Programme de partenariat périnatal de l’est et du sud-est de l’Ontario (PPPESO), Consortium national de formation en santé (CNFS).
- 2007 Canadian Council on Learning “Sharing the Flame: Recognizing Excellence in Learning” – Health and Learning Category”, for the University of Ottawa’s Conflict Resolution program.
- 2007 Canadian Association for Distance Education (CADE). Award of Excellence for Innovation in Instructional Design, for an online, inter-professional health workshop.
- 2008 Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE) Honorable mention for Excellence and Innovation in Instructional Design, in partnership with the CNFS. The award highlights the quality of a workshop on dementia-related behaviour management.
- 2013 Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE) Award (French) "L'apprentissage de la nomenclature en chimie facilité par un nouvel outil interactif en ligne" has been selected for an Award of Excellence in the Instructional Design/Teaching and Learning stream (project developed in collaboration with Professor Alison Flynn).
- 2013 Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE) Award (French) "Découvrez ou redécouvrez Visez juste en français" has been selected for an Award of Excellence Formal or Non-Formal Education Program category (project developed in collaboration with Professor Marie-Josée Bourget).
- 2015 Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE) Leadership Award – Richard Pinet, Director of the Centre for Innovative Pedagogies and Digital Learning (CIPDL)
- 2015 Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE) Award of Excellence in the category of Excellence and Innovation in the Integration of Technology in Instructional Design/Teaching and Learning (Submission: Legal Memos Made Easy)
- 2015 Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE) Award of Excellence in the category of Excellence and Innovation in the Integration of Technology in Formal or Non-Formal Educational Program (Submission: NatureWatch – AttentionNature)
- 2015 Réseau francophone d’enseignement à distance du Canada (REFAD) Certificate of honour highlighting the University’s involvement in Canada-wide distance learning – Anne Patry, Instructional Designer
Audiovisual projects awards
- 2013 AMX Innovation Award for the most innovative use of AV technology in a foreign higher education institution (University Business Tech 2013).
- 2014 Harman – AMX Alternative Learning Spaces award for the most innovative technology implementation in a non-traditional learning space to move learning beyond a traditional lecture-led instructional pedagogy (University Business Tech 2014).
- 2015 Harman Beyond Learning Spaces Innovation Award for the most innovative technology implementation in non-classroom Higher Education spaces (University Business Tech 2015)