The University of Ottawa is now a member organization of Quality Matters (QM).
Quality Matters is a non-profit, quality assurance organization that provides evidence-based, student-centred guidelines for the design & continuous improvement of online and blended (hybrid) courses.
Our membership gives the University of Ottawa faculty and TLSS support staff access to resources such as the Quality Matters Higher Education Course Design Rubric, Reference Library, and the Self-Review Tool.
Quality Matters Higher Education Course Design Rubric
The rubric outlines course design standards in the following areas:
- Course Overview and Introduction
- Learning Objectives (Competencies)
- Assessment and Measurement
- Instructional Materials
- Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Course Technology
- Learner Support
- Accessibility and Usability
- Create your own MyQM account (@uOttawa.ca email address)
- Inside your MyQM account, you will find access to the Reference Library, Self-Review Tool and instructions on how to access the QM Rubric.
- QM professional development courses are also offered in the MyQM account. The QM courses, although offered at a discounted rate, are an additional cost and not covered by TLSS.
Learn more – Review the Quality Matters website https://www.qualitymatters.org/
Special note – MyQM resources are only available in English at this time. The TLSS is working with Quality Matters to translate the Rubric into French. In the meantime, please contact the TLSS (firstname.lastname@example.org); one of our specialists will be pleased to review the rubric with you.