Classrooms centrally managed by the Registrar are equipped with touchscreen podiums,
auto-calibrated microphones and cameras.
State-of-the-art classroom technology
To support the transition towards a future of agile, flexible course delivery, TLSS has revamped the technology in most uOttawa Registrar classrooms. This widespread renovation opens up a breadth of possibilities for instructors and learners to collaborate from wherever they connect, be it in person, at home or wherever their journey has brought them.
With over 200 classrooms across campus integrated with structures that range from Heritage status to cutting-edge buildings, improvements include:
- new and high-quality cameras
- intelligent self-adjusting microphones for instructors and students
- instant integration of these features with Brightspace, Zoom and MS Teams environments.
Note: classrooms in the following buildings have not been renovated with all features at this time: SMD, HNN, SWT, STT.
Immediate support in the classroom
A courtesy phone is provided in all Registrar classrooms (supported by TLSS).
For immediate technical support, please dial 5900 or 613-562-5900 from your phone.
At Lees campus, you must compose the whole number 613-562-5411, or lift the handset and press the key identified in the image below.
Other urgent requests
- For lost password/password reset or SSO issues, dial 6555 or call 613-562-5800, ext. 6555, for central IT.
- For Protection Services for non-emergency situations, dial 5499 / 613-562-5499.
- For heating/cooling, leaks, non-functional lighting, etc., dial 2222 or call 613-562-5800, ext. 2222 for Facilities (significant damages should be reported to Protection Services).
Classrooms equipment list and photos
Please note: Registrar's classrooms have undergone major upgrades to offer the functionality of bimodal teaching to all of them. We are now in the process of updating our classroom database to reflect these upgrades.
The classroom finder tool below should reflect these updates by the end of 2023.
The simplified touch panel interface on the podiums allows you to control the features of your classroom with ease. The updates are consistent across campus, meaning you'll find a familiar and intuitive control interface in all Registrar classrooms across campus.
Need podiums help or training?
Whether you are joining us for the first time, returning from afar or have been with us every step of the way, we encourage you to:
Access card request and update
You can request a new card or update your existing one by emailing saea-tlss@uOttawa.ca (preferred method).
Please include the following information:
- Full Name
- e-mail address
- Phone number
- Employee number (student number is not accepted)
- Request type (new card, replacement card, card update)
- Card number (if updating)
- Course code (for all courses provide: COURSE CODE / DAY / LOCATION / START TIME / FINISH TIME)
You can also come to the Morisset Hall at the loan counter in room 06. However, the wait can be long depending on the number of visitors, especially at the beginning of the semester.