Loan and rental of equipment
TLSS offers specific equipment to support your schoolwork, research project and other learning activities.
Book your equipment loan
TLSS offers an academic loan and rental of specific equipment to support your schoolwork, research project and other learning activities. If the equipment is required to complete a requirement of your course or program, there are no fees for the rental.
Available equipment includes:
- portable projectors
- interview and dictation recorders
- and more...
If you want to borrow equipment to enrich other activities, these items are available for rent at a reduced rate. Please note that rental fees are non-refundable. All equipment is tested to be functional and complete before pick up, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are familiar with the operation of the equipment at the time of pickup. If you are unsure how to use the equipment, please do not hesitate to ask our staff upon pickup.
To maximize the availability of equipment, rentals are limited to a maximum duration of three (3) days and a single (1) renewal of the same duration, both subject to availability. Rentals must be booked at least one (1) business day in advance and are available only to active students and staff. A valid student or employee number is required at the time of booking.
Rentals are not available over the winter break period.
We do not lend or rent laptops.
Book your equipment loan form
To make a reservation, please complete the form below.
If the information we receive is incomplete, your request will be returned to you and will not be processed until we receive complete information. We may occasionally check the validity of the request with your professor, supervisor, or manager as applicable; by making a reservation request, you agree to this process.
- Equipment which is past due is not eligible for renewal. Late equipment is charged the full rental rate plus a $5/item/day late fee regardless of whether the initial rental was free.
- Late charges are assessed as beginning the next business day regardless of the return time. Weekends and other holidays, except the winter break, are treated as a single day for late fees.
- If an item is not returned before the winter break, fees are assessed in full for the duration of the closure period.
- You may not make any bookings until all outstanding fees are paid.
- In the event equipment is lost or damaged, you will be responsible for the replacement cost for the same or equivalent unit. If equipment is overdue, it will additionally accrue late charges until we receive notice from you that the item is missing/damaged.
- Once an item is declared lost or damaged you have ten (10) days to pay replacement costs and any other charges in total or additional penalties may be applied. This amount is non-refundable even if the equipment is later recovered.